Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Election Predictions


What I like best about British General Elections is that I can merrily make weirdo predictions on the hour, every hour. If it happens, I'm a genius. If it doesn't, then it's another unfunded Tory spending pledge.

So. You're probably wondering why the Tories appear to be matching Labour, pledge for pledge? Hmm. I wonder. Ok. Predictione du jour.

All the polls suggest the Tories will have the largest number of seats after this election. But without enough seats to command a majority in the House of Commons. At which point, they have to invite Labour to form a government (as a result of the Fixed-terms Parliament Act 2011, which I now think is a daft piece of legislation).

David Cameron will fight tooth and nail not to hand over stewardship of an economy he just spent five years fixing to a nincompoop. So. I predict that, if all else fails, Cameron will offer Miliband a grand coalition deal. With Liam Byrne as Chancellor of the Exchequer. Since Byrne is the only Labourite the Tories think can walk and chew gum at the same time.

As for the cartoon? Hilarious ... !!