Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ian Gilmour knows...


Ian (Lord) Gilmour, a former Secretary of State for Defence under Margaret Thatcher, and a former Member of Parliament for Amersham (the Parliamentary constituency immediately to the north of Beaconsfield), has already admitted on BBC Newsnight that Britain's arms sales to Saudi Arabia were founded on bribery.

Ian told the BBC: "You either got the business and bribed or you didn't bribe and didn't get the business."

Ian knew Simmonds well. Hated him, because they had different views on Europe. But knew him nevertheless. Knew me too. But I don't know what he thought of me. Notwithstanding the fact that I received national press attention when I opposed his appointment as President of the National Young Conservatives.

The important question is, along with knowing about arms corruption in general, did Ian know about Simmonds' role? Another port of call when I return to England. Unless, Ian, you'd like to save us all the trouble...?

No comments: